Kang guru himal expedition 2023
Duration : 4 weeks
Difficulty : Medium
Max Altitude : 6981m
Accomodation : Hotel & Camping
Start Date:25 september 2023
Price per Person: 5707 €
The new normal route of Kang Garu, an “almost 7000m” in Nepal.
The first great summit of the Phu valley, Kang Garu is gradually discovered during the ascent from Meta, and its northwest ridge is very aesthetic. This ridge is also the normal route and it was regularly visited in the 1990s when a French agency presented it as a summit of 7000m.
Then, following a dramatic accident, this mountain literally disappeared from the proposals of French or Nepalese agencies, no one visited it anymore, and it was the discovery of a new base camp that would finally allow its rehabilitation.
Of course, the Kang Garu lacks a few m to reach the mythical altitude of 7000m, but the experience at high altitude is identical. The technical level is also similar although the ascent of Kang Garu does not require a fixed rope. But above all, no crowds at the base camp because we are the only ones who know where it is!
The Himalayan Travelers team got involved in this new expedition by scouting in the fall of 2019 to determine the location of this new base camp and the start of the climb.
- This is a continuous progression with 3 altitude camps.
- We will always progress roped, in ropes of two people (possibly 3), and especially never alone.
- The roped parties can be Franco-Nepalese.
The management team.
- For the approach walk, to the base camp. Bishal Rai (or Kumari Kulung) will be the trek guide, assisted by Paulo Grobel.
- For the mountaineering part and the summit. Two high mountain guides, Paulo Grobel (UIAGM) and one of the Nepalese Himalayan Travelers guides (certainly Dipen Bothe or Sajjan). Plus, a Nepali Leader for 2 people (per tent team).
A great and beautiful experience on a great summit of the Naar / Phu valley by a new route.
4 weeks… From Saturday September 26/2021 to Sunday October 25/2023
A peak of “almost 7000m”, in continuous and roped progression, of an affordable level IV / PD + in snow.
€ 7,900 is an all-inclusive rate… There is no tip to be expected, and above all no bonus for the summit! France to France.