About Himalayan Travellers Nepal.
As a French IFMGA mountain guide, I fall in love with the Himalaya in the thirty five and since climb and explore intensively the Nepal summits and ranges.
Today, with my Nepali friends, we would like to share what give sens for us in climbing the wonderful mountains of Nepal. In that, Himalayan Travellers is an ethic agency specialized in expedition from six to eight thousands summits of Nepal and dedicate to promote an respective way of climbing in the Himalaya.
Paulo Grobel, in La Grave, FRANCE
Our story begin in 2002, with the ascent of Himlung.
A nice success for this first guided expedition on Himlung and for Bishal a first experience in Himalaya with foreigners.
Since them, we do a lot of expeditions and treks together, every year, every seasons.
Under the umbrella of different agencies we conduct our expedition with a group of nepali friends, who work with us in hight altitude or in the kitchen.
In 2016, we decide to create our own company to build a stable ground for the future of everybody who work with us
The Nepali Climbing Team of Himalayan Travellers.
At Himalayan Travellers, the main goal is to build a strong relationship between the foreign & the Nepali climber for more safety, pleasure and success during a climb.
And to help the Nepali climbers to have the opportunity to join the IFMGA mountain guide course.
We try to never use the terms of « Climbing Sherpa » or « High Altitude Sherpa », because (as you know) Sherpa is the name of a famous ethnic group and we are a multi ethnic company with Rai, Magar, Bhote, Sherpa, Gurung, Tamang peoples working together.
The sirdar of an expedition can be also Nepali Mountain Guide or like Bishal Rai, a Trekking Mountain Leader.Normally, we shall use now the name of Trekking Mountain Leader instead of Trekking Guide, but this will be a hard (impossible ?) revolution in the trekking world in Nepal and abroad.
Some definition of the termes, in Himalayan Travellers.
A Local Mountain Guide is :-
- a experienced mountaineer who climb & work mani times with Paulo on various summits, of course alpine style ant without Oxygène.
- a trained climber who followed NMA & NMIA training courses and our special training « Learning by Doing » or « recco trip » to prepare new expeditions.
- a Nepali man or women who speak English and continue to improve his/here skills in foreign language.
- He is not (yet) a IFMGA Mountain Guide, but he can be engage in the process to become a fully diplomaed IFMGA Mountain Guide.
- Himalayan Travellers will help him to achieve this goal, as much as possible.
A local Mountain Guide :-
- représente Himalayan Travellers and he is the official leader of the expedition for the Nepal Government (Mountaineering section of Ministry of Tourism).
- have the leadership and the responsibility during all the climbing time on the mountain, on all the climbers (foreign & Nepali) and on all the necessary decision.
- have in charge all the foreign climbers and stay with them as much as possible (lunch & dinner time).
A Nepali Leader is :-
- able to conduct a practice in a climb as leader, under the responsibility of the IFMGA or Local Mountain Guide.
- he use every time a main rope on a glacier and during a climb.
- carry a part of the expedition equipment and help foreign climber to carry is food in altitude.
- stay in altitude with is practice partner, in a continue style climbing.
- have is own personal equipment.